Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tycho ISO50

Scott Hansen is a genius.





I was listening to his "The Disconnect" and a friend listening in said that it "sounds like colour", which is so spot on, but such an odd way of describing sound. How can music sound like colour? I'm not sure, but it does, and it looks like his posters, which are the best reimagining of late 60s early 70s advertisements, besides being classic good design. I attribute this visual/auditory awesomeness to his design influences, which he and others write about in his popular blog. I get a lot of a Northern California influence feeling from a lot of his posters, and it specifically reminds me of this one Walnut Creek area house I was once in that had wood panelling and basement type place with chartreuse shag carpeting, but it was built in to the side of a hill, so we could see into the woods. Also kind of reminds me of the house I grew up in, built in the 70s, it had that pumpkin orange and brown tiling and a lamp made out of that translucent seashell material. Anyways, I can't get enough of his style. 


No comments: