Wednesday, July 2, 2008

ALBERT HAMMOND JR.


'Yours to Keep' was amazing but will ¿Cómo Te Llama?’ going live up the first???
They've posted songs from their upcoming album, releasing on July 8, 2008, on their MySpace to allow the public to take a listen at what is going to be in stores. I can never dislike Hammond, but so far, none of the songs have captured my likings me right away. Some of the songs sound similar or they are just not quite interesting. Okay, I'll be honest; they're OKAY. I wouldn't go out of my way to get my hands on this album from what I am hearing so far unlike the album 'Yours to Keep' which held catchy, captivating songs. Listening to the album, honestly is like reading a book that interested you since you enjoyed the book the author previously have written in the past, but once you start reading it, you realize it is a bit uninteresting unlike the other books you've read, that when you are reading it, you can't really remember what is going on besides the characters.

I still love Albert Hammond Jr. and speaking of Albert, is he and his other band, The Strokes going to create another addicting, impressive album? Well according to their official site,
Nikolai Fraiture said: "I'd like to say that I'm still looking very forward to a fourth album release. We just need to work out a few technical kinks." Fraiture also added, "It's been a long break but much needed for us to remain together as a productive band". Since their last album 'First Impressions of Earth' released in 2006, they have been under the radar for the past two years and hung low, not sending any distinct details about their future plans besides a brief mention about a fourth album. I can't wait.

No comments: