Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Next 'vintage'?

60s, 70s, 80s. These are the generic decades of vintage fashion and music. Supposedly the nostalgia for an era gone by reaches its peak about 20 years after. If this is the case, then this is what's next:


(Bobby works out and reads and likes to stay home. Or he did back in 1989 anyhows.)

And I'm okay with that. The fact that what can be called vintage, classic or retro is starting to creep up on the day I was born makes me feel really old, but even so, I can't wait for people to start bringing back neon leotards. Seriously, thats the last time in the last 20 years that I can think of when clothing was really kitchy and odd and kind of lame. I think the 90s were kind of lame, but I like that. We need a little more lameness. We already have this 'grunge revival' thing happening (plaid much?) but please dear lord on the other side don't bring light wash back. 
Fashionably lame:

Pluses: bandage dresses
Minuses: oversized 'career' jacket

Future Mrs. Urkle has a bomb jacket. Zee end. 


My favorite early 90s style whores, Pats and Eddy. 

It kind of feels like the 90s just ended, but really 1999 was basically a decade ago. Yet no one has said bust out your denim overalls, thank goodness.


Will Marc and Maya revive 1990?
Should Marc just relaunch his breakout line? 

Jeremy Scott (with MIA again, why is she so cool? dunno... )

On a side note, how awesome is this tux hoody from Jeremy Scott for Adidas?


I use to have this pink pullover from Japan that had a dog on it that had two ear flaps that said 'hello' and 'goodbye' on each of them when you turned them up. It was quite possibly the lamest thing I've ever owned. I was six, but I'm pretty sure I'm never going to be cooler then when I was six. To me, that was the 90s, and thats how I want 90s revival to look. Like a pink dog sweater. With stirrup pants.

1 comment:

MONZIE AKA EUQINOM7 said...

jeremy scott is the shit man i love his clothes.... ill be graduating very soon ... in fashion and i love him he is my inspiration to be me and be more than creative!

Vintage also plays a massive and very interesting part in fashion!

Nice blog by the way check out mine when and if you have the time!!