Friday, January 23, 2009

In other news: We Also Love Grey!

Oscar de la Renta

Proenza Schouler

J. Mendel

Doo.Ri

Phi

Lanvin

Black is wonderful and all, but might I suggest something different? Grey. (yeah yeah, I know it's only a diluted black, but that is the point, we're not too into hues). I've been wearing varying shades of black since, oh, about the same time I had a crush on Trent Reznor (6th grade, weird child, I know), but I never quite got into grey. But as the country world plummets into mass financial (and probable social and moral) chaos, I am probably the only one excited about it (I'm looking on the bright side okay), for the way its getting interpreted by designers. Fall 09 previews have been slowly coming out, and who knew recession fashion would continue? Probably everyone, because duh, so does the recession (can we start calling it the Depression now?) Well, in this depressed world, the only thing harsher (more awesome!) then black, is grey. Grey says "blah, I'm so depressed I can't even be intense, I just have to be drab" (but in an obviously stylin' way). LONG LIVE FINANCIAL INSECURITY!

No comments: